Thursday, June 14, 2007

'The reason I quit Samsung that I love (내가 사랑하는 삼성을 떠나는 이유)'

It's the title of letter that a young Samsung man left on the group's online bulletin when he quit Samsung. The Korea Times mentioned it very briefly in an article, 'Sandwiched Korea, and Samsung'. (You can read the full text of letter here written in Korean.)

This morning, while reading stacked posts in my reader I found an interesting one. The author thinks that the letter was leaked by chance. So he titled the post 'Systematic Samsung(관리의 삼성) is becoming a thing of the past.

Was it leaked By Chance? No way.

As far as I know Samsung isn't the sort of the company that looks on with folded arms while an internal document is printed in the newspaper, even though it's trivial.

'A Frog in a Pot' is a good fable of restructuring. Now it's the correct timing for restructuring. Yes, I agree it's time to "change everything except for one's spouse and children" again. But a leaked letter from a young Samsung man? It's funny.